Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Where is CPU/GPU clock set?

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Where is CPU/GPU clock set?

Posted at 12/27/2014 05:54:07      View:4790 | Replies:7        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#

So ive been attempting to overclock this board, but ive never worked with Rockchip devices so i may be doing something wrong.

Ive adjusted the box-dts and dvfs.c but it doesnt recognize freq beyond 1800mhz. What else do i need to change? This seems to work a bit differently than the Qualcomm and Samsung chips im use to.

also is the GPU clock set in the mali/platform/ like with samsungs mali clk?

edit: might i also need to compile uboot aswell?

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/28/2014 00:32:21        Only Author  2#

ok I think i have it figured out, i wasnt flashing the resource.img

Now I see new frequencies but when i select anything over 1800mhz my performance drops vs going up

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 12/30/2014 09:52:32        Only Author  3#

Hi, Echoa. Please PM cappybob, who has rich experience of overclocking RK3288.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/30/2014 13:01:31        Only Author  4#

Already did, and i was doing it right but the problem was the the Safety Frequency wasnt allowing for the higher frequencies to be used. Currently I am running 2ghz on the CPU, 700mhz on the GPU, and 1333mhz (667 ddr) on the RAM. If anyone else is trying, make sure you set the kernels safety frequency to the one you want to run, default is 1.6ghz. Also, to reach 2ghz+ you will need to use 1.4v or higher and probably need a heatsink to keep it within respectable temperatures. Though with the current settings I have i get 46000 in Antutu Benchmark already.?

Also, keep in mind that 1.4v is that max within the chips spec, going beyond will risk reducing life of the CPU.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 12/30/2014 23:13:53        Only Author  5#

Way to go Echoa, WOW.?

---cappybob

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 12/31/2014 01:08:54        Only Author  6#
Thanks Cappy

BTW I saw in the thread you linked my your going for 2.3ghz. Did you add it to the pll table? You can add it to the table in drivers/clk/rockchip and there should be a cpu pll file in there and it default lists to 2.208ghz but you should be able to add up to 2.4ghz assuming 100 is the divider/multiplier max. I haven't tested it yet but if you're hitting end of pll/freq table that's probably why.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 12/31/2014 11:25:42        Only Author  7#

Echoa

Ole Master of the clock, forgot to say only 42000 for my o/c, but the true magic I do not know.? Again great results?would still like to?see if we can say the rk3288, can be the workhorse for RK (2.3MHZ).? Have you found the core temp yet.? This might cause a problem down the line.? I think ugoos-Sam may boost core voltage for his Ut3?extreme no promise your?kernel to survive without cooling of some sort..

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 1/1/2015 11:27:47        Only Author  8#
Thanks CappyBTW I saw in the thread you linked my your going for 2.3ghz. Did you add it to the pll table? You can add it to the table in drivers/clk/rockchip and there should be a cpu pll file in there and it default lists to 2.208ghz but you should be able to add up to 2.4ghz assuming 100 is the divider/multiplier max. I haven't tested it yet but if you're hitting end of pll/freq table that's probably why.

@Echoa

Tried it and there is no100, but there is a 99 and running the 2.376 MHZ. Still have not seen any bragging Antutu scores yet. How about some help, would like to find out what I am missing. I know that I am not missing my beer, needing some as I increase voltages, sorry engineers. Just running 1.50 uv on cpu, needing more beverage before going for more. 2.376 MHZ seems to be it for the CPU. Voltages not sure, so will run stress tests to see if things will survive.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list