Firefly-RK3399 issues

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/23/2018 11:09:40     
Hi,

I recently bought a Firefly-RK3399 4GB/16GB from the t-firefly webstore, alongside a M.2 to SATA bridge board. It arrived on the 4th of January. I unpacked the machine and set it up in its case, I connected a HDMI cable, USB cable to a hub connecting a mouse and keyboard (Connected to the USB 3.0 port on the rear) and a 32GB MicroSDHC card.

When I connect the power to the board, the light inside the optical port turns on but the system itself does not, the blue LED does not light up. If I hold the power button, I still get nothing. If I try to reset the board into loader mode, it appears to do nothing.

If I plug the board into a Linux machine via the USB Type-C connector, a device does show up but if I use rkflashkit to inspect this, it detects the device but does not give any information, and gives a LibUSB error on the commandline. This is regardless of attempting to start the device in loader mode or normally.

I have tried powering on the machine both with and without the peripherals and connectors, with no change. If I leave the board powered on a while and I touch the SOC, there is noticable heat built up so it does appear to be doing something.

It is also worth noting that the USB keyboard and mouse both have LEDs built in to them that turn on when the keyboard or mouse is receiving power, when plugged into the unit they do not receive power.

I am using the 12V power supply that came with the unit, on 230VAC 50Hz from the Australian grid, using a passive power adapter to convert the US plug to an Australian plug. The power supply claims to be rated for 110-240V 50/60Hz so this shouldn't be an issue.

There also does not seem to be any smell or even smoke coming from the device that I have noticed, there's also no burn marks or visibly destroyed components, so there is no visible marks of damage to the device.

I recently contacted t-firefly through email twice with no reply, and contacted the online live chat and was told to post about my issue here.

Any help here would be appreciated, thankyou!

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 1/23/2018 15:52:37     
Last edited by luvings In 1/23/2018 15:57 Editor

Hi, Can you provide log.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/24/2018 00:10:39     
There are no logs to provide. The machine won't boot, it won't work over USB. There's nothing I can give here aside from things I can observe about the unit itself.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 1/25/2018 09:35:01     
wingar Posted at 1/24/2018 00:10
There are no logs to provide. The machine won't boot, it won't work over USB. There's nothing I can  ...

If your board can do into loader mode , just reflash a firmware to have a try.
http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/product/info/id/263.html

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/26/2018 01:46:12     
leung先森 Posted at 1/25/2018 09:35
If your board can do into loader mode , just reflash a firmware to have a try.
http://en.t-firef ...

I already said in the original post that loader mode is non functioning.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list