Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Firefly Online Upgrade Tool Released

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

administrator

Credits

Firefly Online Upgrade Tool Released

Posted at 3/21/2018 11:27:51      View:4932 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Firefly released the online upgrade tool SDCard Installer, which can help users quickly and accurately find the corresponding firmware of open-source main board, complete the download and upgrade, to avoid trouble for users to find the firmware, save the firmware upgrade time.

SDCard Installer online upgrade tool, 3 steps to help you easily complete the firmware upgrade.

Watch the video to know how to do it

The 3 steps of the online upgrade tool are as follows:
1、Select your open source board
2、Insert TF card to your computer, automatic identification
3、Click "Flash" to automatically download the firmware and complete the installation

The Firefly online upgrade tool SDCard Installer currently supports the ROC-RK3328-CC open source main board, which will support other Firefly open source main boards later.

Download the tool from Firefly website: http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/index/id/34.html

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 3/22/2018 07:10:20        Only Author  2#
Last edited by ces In 3/24/2018 03:58 Editor

Start the System
Make Linux SD Card to Startup System
Update time:2018-03-19 (http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/product/info/471.html)

I hope this last step will be obsolete, configuration mode never appears, don't know how to start a "serial console" on Windows or Linux. Using this Upgrade Tool changes nothing. Do i need to have a PC with RS232 and to use Debug Pins RX2 TX2 or what the hell is to do at least? Please explain it.  

Start the System:
Insert the SD card into the ROC-RK3328-CC board and power on (monitor recognises hdmi, black screen, backlight on!). The first thing you need to start in the serial console is to press Enter key to enter the configuration mode, run the following commands to make gpt partition table for SD card, the system will restart again and  automatically load the rootfs file system.

gpt write mmc 1 $partitions
boot

Edit: None of this images work. Today Debian and LibreElec disappeared, Station OS not available, got it from Homepage. For Ubuntu i tried to start the system with serial console (putty, gtkterm, ttyUSB0) and nullmodem connection without handshake , no board online.

After inserting the SD card into the ROC-RK3328-CC board and power on the Board gets only extrem hot near micro-usb, black screen, waiting for what? I think the board is bricked. Android is the minimum which has to work (only flashing sd-card).

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list