Print Previous Topic Next Topic

Compile mainline kernel for RK3399 for SDCard

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

Compile mainline kernel for RK3399 for SDCard

Posted at 6/4/2018 14:47:14      View:4275 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi,

I own a Firefly-RK3399 2GB variant, and wanted to create an SDCard image with a mainline kernel that I could boot in conjunction with a Firefly provided eMMC.

After spending way too much time figuring out how this was all put together, I've finally achieved the result I wanted.

The majority of the steps I've taken are documented in a github, here: https://github.com/VenKamikaze/f ... rking-4.16-rockchip

Note that I first flashed my eMMC with a Firefly RK3399 provided image, I believe it was an image from sometime in 2018-04, but don't recall the exact date. This might be necessary as I think I read somewhere that they changed their u-boot sometime in mid-2017 to also search for resource/kernels on SDCard before booting using resource/kernel on eMMC.

I also hit issues on bootup with the fan53555 & pwm_regulator modules causing hanging on my board. If you get these issues, you may have to consider patching your device tree to allow these modules to work. Without them, cpufreq will not be able to ramp up processor frequencies and you'll be stuck on the lowest frequencies. I am not certain the DT patch I have implemented is stable and AFAIK no one else has tested it.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 6/5/2018 14:48:46        Only Author  2#
Nice try . It will help a lot .

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules