Print Previous Topic Next Topic

EC20 and Ubuntu 16.04

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

EC20 and Ubuntu 16.04

Posted at 6/26/2018 06:50:53      View:3627 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Good day;

I have a 3399 (and AIO3399j), and EC20.

Whether I use the USB dongle, or connect the board directly to the Firefly, I am unable to get the cellular to connect.

If I use the USB dongle, and connect to my main Ubuntu system, I have no issue.  But as soon as I attempt to use the EC20 on the 3399, it fails.  It does not even announce itself...

mmcli -L
Shows unknown, while on my main, it annouces the Quactel EC20 properly.

Has anyone had ANY success with this on the 3399 board.

Thanks in advance
kent

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 7/30/2018 18:03:27        Only Author  2#
Hello Kent, I am having the exact same problem.

There are two routes of troubleshooting here.

First, I recently discovered that I have received EC20-CE, where CE specifies support for the frequency bands in China/India, where EC20-E actually supports the bands I need for Europe (EMEA). So Im thinking of returning it.

Where are you located and what version do you have?

Secondly, on the technical overview here http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/prod ... 0.204G.20module0,22 they have a link for the EC20-4g module FIRMWARE, but that link does not show me anything (I have even tried translating the resulting page from Chinese to English to understand the content, but it seems there is no available firmware to download nonetheless).

Let me know if you are experiencing the same or if some of this is different for you.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list