Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Linux] rk3566 Ubuntu 18.04

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【Linux】 rk3566 Ubuntu 18.04

Posted at 8/2/2021 08:38:59      View:2151 | Replies:1        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Last edited by ynjiun In 8/2/2021 08:40 Editor

I tried to load the FIREFLY-RK3566-ROC-PC_UBUNTU18.04-GPT-20210714-1744.img

I was able to update the firmware through the SD card upgrade. But after follow the instruction of removing SD card and wait for reboot, I stuck at  the "Firefly" screen.

Then I burn another SD card with "boot  from SD card",  then I can pass the "Firefly" screen and get into Ubuntu "normally". Now facing another issue: there is NO network connectivity. Tried many option to turn on ethernet but failed....

Anyone had similar experience of loading Ubuntu 18.04 on this device? Please share your story and may be you can help me to get through the above 2 issues, in summary:

1. using update from SD card method, after successfully update, it got stuck at "Firefly" screen
2. using boot from SD card method, the ethernet is not connected

Please help. Thanks a lot.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

advanced

Credits
Posted at 8/19/2021 14:39:05        Only Author  2#
I regularly observe a similar behavior on M2 (stopping the startup on the splash screen after turning on the power). A simple reboot combination Ctrl+Alt+Del helps me. After that, the system restarts and starts normally. For a detailed analysis, you need a UART console (UART log).

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list