Firefly Open Source Community

Login   |   Register   |
New_Topic
Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Linux] ROC-RK3308B-CC-PLUS Ubuntu Minimal Firmware not working + swap option in kernel

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【Linux】 ROC-RK3308B-CC-PLUS Ubuntu Minimal Firmware not working + swap option in kernel

Posted at 1/5/2022 06:26:35      View:1879 | Replies:3        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
First the current "ROC-RK3308B-CC-PLUS Ubuntu Minimal Firmware" isn't working. If you unpack the image and replace the boot.img with the one from the "ROC-RK3308B-CC-PLUS Ubuntu Desktop Firmware' it works.
Second both the ubuntu firmwares (ROC-RK3308B-CC-PLUS Ubuntu Minimal Firmware and ROC-RK3308B-CC-PLUS Ubuntu Desktop Firmware) for this board are compiled without the swap option enabled in the kernel. Could you generate the firmwares with this option enabled ? I think this is something generally desirable.  

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 1/5/2022 10:02:17        Only Author  2#
what is not working? any log will help.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 1/5/2022 16:02:50        Only Author  3#
Javier Posted at 1/5/2022 10:02
what is not working? any log will help.

I'm pointing out 2 things. The minimal ubuntu firmware from https://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/page/id/84.html isn't working when downloaded from the site and uploaded to the board. The red light keeps flashing, i don't have a log, but probably kernel panic. It can be solved by replacing the boot.img that's within the firmware image of the small ubuntu firmware with the one from the full ubuntu firmware and upload that to the board.

The other thing is that both ubuntu images are built with a kernel where the swap option has been disabled. This means that when executing the following script to configure 1 gb of swap space on the board:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/swap1 count=1K bs=1M
mkswap /var/swap1
sudo chown root:root /var/swap1
sudo chmod 600 /var/swap1
sudo swapon /var/swap1

The last command gives the following error:

swapon failed: Function not implemented   

I think firefly needs to rebuild and replace the small ubuntu image on the site with a good one and when doing so recompile the kernel with the swap option enabled. And probably do the same for the other full ubuntu image.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 11/23/2022 18:39:54        Only Author  4#
ecbouma Posted at 1/5/2022 16:02
I'm pointing out 2 things. The minimal ubuntu firmware from https://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/ ...

So helpful. Thanks for your sharing.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list