Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Linux] [Core-PX30-JD4] Can not boot from SD card

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

【Linux】 [Core-PX30-JD4] Can not boot from SD card

Posted at 3/23/2022 18:28:17      View:1618 | Replies:2        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Hi,

I have a Core-PX30-JD4 with the industrial mainboard MB-JD4-RK3328 & PX30 , so the story is i am trying to boot the OS from SD card rather than flash directly to eMMC with the new firmware I just have build by using buildroot rootfs exactly like the tutorial in here link to have an .img file in rockdev/pack .  But when i use etcher to flash the firmware to the SD card, it popped up a warning message that it can not find the partition table,  I can see that there are 2 parameter.txt and package-file, but the problem is that i do not know how to apply those to flash with dd or etcher.
So if there is anyone know the answer or even any hint please help?
Also, I have another question that in other board like beagle bone we have a button to hold to make the board boot from sd card rather than eMMC, is there a similar to do so in this board or we have to do some command in uboot command line to make it boot from SDcard?

Thanks you for any helps,
Tu

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 3/28/2022 16:21:45        Only Author  2#
Hi, because it is different from the general firmware format, you cannot use the tool Etcher to make a boot card.

You can use the tool 'SD_Firmware_Tool.exe' to make a boot card, select the 'SD Boot' option. Reference, https://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/Fi ... de_firmware_sd.html

The default boot priority of TF card is higher than eMMC. When the boot card is recognized, it will boot from the TF card.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/6/2022 17:01:46        Only Author  3#
时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 3/28/2022 16:21
Hi, because it is different from the general firmware format, you cannot use the tool Etcher to make ...

Thank you for your answer. I can do it now.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list