Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Linux] [Core-PX30-JD4] Problem with custom board boot state

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits

【Linux】 [Core-PX30-JD4] Problem with custom board boot state

Posted at 4/6/2022 17:21:26      View:1731 | Replies:3        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Last edited by tuhn1995 In 4/6/2022 17:27 Editor

Hi

So I have finish building a firmware for PX30-JD4 for the development board (which runs OK) and now i want to test it with my own custom board. Then when I flash it into the eMMC, the boot time is very long (about 10 mins) and when I can access to root user space, the computer is very laggy and it got crash after just a few minutes. In addition, I also notice that when I flash the same firmware in the PX30-JD4 development board, when it finish booting to rootfs, the name in terminal is [root@px30_4]# while in my custom board it just [root@buildroot:/]#. Then, when finish init the kernel, there is an error in starting eudev "udevadm settle failed" and I guess that it is the reason why but I do not know how to fix it. I have attach the console log to the thread. the config in buildroot menuconfig is almost the same with just the only change is the system welcome banner. file:///mnt/eb33cb52-1fac-44ec-b87e-5d30775874f5/Project/Test/PX30/px30_linux_release_20210304/log

Please help, thank you for any helps,
Tu

log.txt.zip

12.97 KB, Down times: 3

console log when boot up

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

administrator

Credits
Posted at 4/8/2022 09:06:10        Only Author  2#
Hello, sorry for keeping you waiting.  The engineer is following this.  He will reply you soon.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

intermediate

Credits
Posted at 4/8/2022 14:39:25        Only Author  3#
You should have noticed that after flashing the firmware for the first time, the system will boot twice. On first boot, it formats the userdata partition with the user called  `[root@buildroot:/]#`. Then reboot, user called `[root@px30_4]#` .

I suspect there is a problem with your emmc. From the information, it's just too slow to format the userdata partition, nothing else.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 4/14/2022 15:17:01        Only Author  4#
时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 4/8/2022 14:39
You should have noticed that after flashing the firmware for the first time, the system will boot tw ...

Thanks you 时间的蝴蝶 for your answer. So if the problem is with the emmc can I just config the format process to happen at a slower speed to be suitable with my emmc. If it is possible can you give me some hint how to do it. Thank you

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list