Print Previous Topic Next Topic

[Linux] GPU drivers missing vulkan support

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits

【Linux】 GPU drivers missing vulkan support

Posted at 9/15/2022 19:10:03      View:2048 | Replies:2        Print      Only Author   [Copy Link] 1#
Dear Firefly
I'm attempting to test the RK3588 Mali GPU using vulkan API on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using Firefly Linux SDK, but the vulkan ICD loader is failing. By investigation I find no vulkan symbols in the libmali library provided by Firefly (git.t-firefly.com:8022/rk-linux/external/libmali)

$ grep vk_icd libmali-valhall-g610-g6p0-*
#no match

Example from other drivers (this is Odroid N2+ userspace from arm.com)
$ grep vk_icd libmali.so.0.39.0
grep: libmali.so.0.39.0: Binary file matches

Please recompile/update your Mali-G610 GPU libmali userspace drivers with vulkan support enabled. It is a vital feature.

Thank you

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

registered members

Credits
Posted at 9/16/2022 11:48:39        Only Author  2#
Please provide the log of the failure of the vulkan ICD loader.

Use props Report

Credits

Prestige

Contribution

new registration

Credits
Posted at 9/17/2022 00:59:52        Only Author  3#
$ vulkaninfo
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_scanned_icd_add: Attempt to retrieve either 'vkGetInstanceProcAddr' or 'vk_icdGetInstanceProcAddr' from ICD libmali.so failed.
Cannot create Vulkan instance.
This problem is often caused by a faulty installation of the Vulkan driver or attempting to use a GPU that does not support Vulkan.
/build/vulkan-tools-_ynL0i/vulkan-tools-1.2.131.1+dfsg1/vulkaninfo/vulkaninfo.h:371: failed with ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER

So the vulkan ICD loader is looking for specific vk* symbols in the GPU userspace library, but they are not there. I have checked all the relevant libraries and they are completely missing. So the problem is not the loader but the GPU driver libraries. The libmali libraries have not been compiled with vulkan support enabled.

Use props Report

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Quick Reply Back to top Back to list